Your guide for buying home bar furniture
Modern day living has ensured that a home bar is today a common feature in most elite homes. Of course, having a home bar can be one of the décor highlights of your living room but a home bar is so much more than a cabinet, some bottles of liquor, and some matching furniture.
An online search for home bar furniture can throw up so many numerous options that you may well end up making a wrong purchase. Fundamentally, the home bar furniture purchase decision must be made as per the type of home bar you are planning to have in your home.
Everything from bar unit designs to bar cabinet designs and bar cabinet furniture essentially stems from the type of bar cabinet. The finer nuances of whether you would like to have a modern bar unit design or buy bar units online should always be considered once the type of home bar is finalized.
Knowing the kind of bar you need
There are various kinds of home bar that are popular in today’s day and age. Having a home bar is one thing but to be able to have a kind of bar that suits your home décor, managing space effectively, and adding a sense of style and substance to your home décor should be a precursor for home bar furniture purchase.
Of course, bar cabinet designs and bar unit designs are essential parts of a home bar, so the design elements of the overall bar should be the first priority. Some of the popular home bar designs are as listed below.
- Corner Bar: Space is always at a premium, especially in modern homes. If you are looking for a home bar with limited space opting for a corner bar can be a good design option. On the downside, however, having a corner bar means compromising on storage space. There are however enough options for bar cabinet furniture tailor made to be located in a cozy corner of your living room.
- Foldable Bar: Another good option when looking for a modern bar unit designs without worrying about the space is to go in for a foldable bar. Bar cabinet furniture for foldable bars are designed in such a way that it can be transformed into a fully fledged bar and then merged back into a bar cabinet furniture based bar. Folding bars are also a good option when looking for modern bar unit designs as they give the impression of a modern bar, which actually is a great space saver and can ensure optimum designs without worrying about balancing the overall home decor of the living room space.
- Wine Bar: Wine bars are a great option for wine lovers as they are tailor made to ensure optimum storage for wine racks. Mostly wine bars come with the option for additional shelves should you want to extend the bar cabinet furniture. There are a number of options for readymade bar cabinets for sale when it comes to wine bars including those with a wooden bar cabinet and others. If you are wine lover and your home bar is likely to be frequented by a limited circle of social friends, a wine bar is a good way to ensure optimum design and space savings in tandem while still helping you be the social butterfly that you aspire to be.
- Wrap Around Bar: A wrap around bar may occupy some space but if you have always wanted a bar in your living room ideal for “in house” parties, this is a very good option for a premium design. Wooden bar cabinet is a definite centerpiece for wrap around bars, covering the bar from all three sides. The options for bar cabinet designs for wrap around bars are endless and you can choose from wooden furniture designs to more traditional or a cellar look to make for that perfect in house bar experience.
- Hide A bar: If you want a bar that is secret and mysterious, opt for a hide a bar design. Such bars can give the impression of a regular cabinet and can double up as a wooden bar cabinet. If you are one of those looking for buy bar units online, you are likely to stumble upon a host of options for hide a bar design as it is slowly attaining widespread popularity owing to its transitional design.
- Traditional Bar: A traditional bar is the one that comes with a regular wooden bar cabinet. With a wooden shelf used for storage for bottles and a deck for miscellaneous items like glasses and cutlery, a traditional bar goes well with a traditional setup of your living room. On the downside, a traditional bar may be a mismatch with a more modern in-house living room design.
Features and styling essentials of home bars for you to consider
The styling of a home bar is just as essential as the home bar furniture itself. Depending on the available space and design, you can either go in for an open bar cabinet or a bar cart design. Both these designs add a sense of styling to your regular bar and have enough bar unit designs and bar cabinet furniture options.
- Open bar cabinets: If you look to buy bar units online, open bar cabinet styles are the ones that have a host of options for you to cherry pick from. Not only does the bar cabinet furniture go well with an open bar cabinet design it adds an element of sophistication with additional design options. Eventually, open bar cabinets allow for a more customized design approach, merging the bar with the living room space and complementing the overall ambience of the bar and the room.
- Bar carts: If a serving cart is what you are looking for, having a bar cart can be a good option. Being one of the popular modern bar unit designs, bar carts can add a sense of styling allowing for display of prominent bottles, cutlery, napkins, and other bar essentials. Also if you are hunting for any bar unit designs that offer both design benefits and standout from the crowd, a bar cart design is your go-to option for home bar furniture.