All That You Should know About Bookshelf
Wall shelves are versatile to store books and display your living room as an impressive library or your library more organized and arranged. The right wall bookshelves design lets you create a style statement and showcase favorite artwork, plants, picture frames and much more.
Gone are the days when people would use a wall bookcase for storing only books. Now, you can convert your bookshelves into media organizers, cabinets, or even shoe storage. Whatever the case, the right bookshelf furniture goes miles away to make your home a haven.
Why You Need Bookcases
Bookshelves come with different features and specifications. So, thinking about what you’ll use will help you get the best item. First of all, access your necessities. Make sure whether you have or not a massive book collection to store, a few reading materials with some artful accessories. Or determine whether you have some negative space you’d want to fill. Once you gauge why you need a bookshelf, you’d be able to choose the right design and size.
Style of Bookcases
If you want to use to showcase photographs, the weight-bearing ability may not be a priority. Whether want just a few shelves to display decor or house a small library, choosing the right style of your bookcase is the right way to go. There’re many styles available with us. Some of the most popular include the following.
- Standard - This type of bookshelves act as workhorses of shelving units. Typically made of MDF or wood, they are can adjust to any room.
- Corner – A corner bookcase is built at an angle that gives it a perfect shape to wedging into tight nooks. As the name suggests, the corner bookcase is designed to stand in a corner. A corner bookshelf is ideal for displaying art at a conserving space.
- Built-in – It’s an ideal choice in case you want to create the wall of your room or the floor-to-ceiling shelves, then go for built-in bookcases.
- Etagere - This bookcase is more delicate when compared with a standard bookcase. It features an open back and shelves that are, most often, made from glass. It is all also called a glass bookshelf.
- Ladder - The role of these bookcases is that it can be leaned against the wall. Coming often with “stepped” shelves, it decreases in size from the ground up.
- Cube – These types of bookcases are designed in both horizontally and vertically for creating cubby-like sections that are perfect to house both books and storage baskets. This kind of bookshelves features a series of cubic spaces to store books or things.
Size of the Book Shelves
Size is, without any doubt, a crucial factor you should consider when buying bookshelves online. You need to focus on all the dimensions like height, width, depth, and much more.
- Height – Most common size ranges between three to eight feet tall. Consider practical and aesthetic concerns when deciding height. The tall sized bookcase looks formal and more expensive. But, shorter one offers the added functionality. At Furnspace, you can find all types of bookshelves. Whether you need a small bookshelf, corner bookshelf, bookshelf with doors, wall mounted bookshelves, modern bookshelf, we can provide you.
- Width - The width relatively depends on the height. For a tall bookshelf, go for multiple narrow units and many compartments. A single large shelf lets you enjoy more flexibility so you can add or subtract storage space according to your requirements.
- Depth - Most of the shelves come with minimum 12-inch depth. It allows you to have an ample room for storage. However, some bookcases, especially ladder or learning styles, have narrower shelving.
- Measure the Space - If you want to choose a bookcase in which shelves are fixed, it is good to measure the space between shelves to make sure that your books and accent pieces will fit. It Adjustable-height shelves offer more flexibility.
Whether you want to buy mounted bookshelves, office bookshelves or wall bookshelves, you can find them made of a variety of materials. These materials can range from particle board to solid wood, plastic, or metal. Every material has its pros and cons. It is best to do your homework and do some research before making any purchase decision. The material and the kind of craftsmanship it displays affect the price also. The most common materials include:
Wood – If you love traditional look, go for wooden bookcases. It not just gives you a classic look but is also long-lasting and robust. Wood is a perfect choice for standard bookcases since it can withstand the substantial weight.
Particle Board - If you want cheap bookshelves, go for shelving made from particle board or MDF. It offers the look of real wood. It isn’t as sturdy as the real thing. Therefore, it is important to consider weight restrictions before loading it.
Metal - Metal bookshelf offers sturdy storage. It’s less bulk than particle board or wood. Due to this fact, it is considered an ideal material for the people who want a streamlined, contemporary look. It also the right option if you're going to buy a modern bookshelf.
Ready to Purchase?
If you’re ready to buy bookshelf online, check to see if the company is giving you installation service for you. There is no sense to buy a high shelve only to keep it unused till you find someone to put it up for you. The installation service is, however, not required if you are buying bookshelves for sale. Here’re the things you should take into account when purchasing bookshelves.
Your space – Before choosing any item, make sure where you will put it that can narrow down your options. It’s best to measure depth, width, and height of the area. Use this guide when shopping.
How you will use it- Get an idea how you will be using bookcase. Are you an avid reader? If so, go for sturdier shelving that can withstand the weight of your hardcover collection.
Your budget – Since a bookcase is something you’ll be using for years, consider it an investment. And, choose the best quality item you can afford.
Why Buy a Bookcase at Furnspace.com? At Furnspace, we are committed to innovating in every category we include. Wall shelves are no exception. From us, you’ll get elegant, unorthodox on modern styling and brilliant design. You will enjoy surfing our selection to find unique patterns. You can see small bookshelf, black or white bookshelf, bookshelf with doors, wall mounted bookshelves, bookshelf with glass doors and much more.