Your bed, let’s be honest, it is the place you enjoy the most while you stay at home. It is the most sought after place when you have had a tiring day at work. It’s featured heavily in the centre of your house. Do you know that you spend one-third of your life in bed? It’s mind-boggling, isn’t it? Bed is also not something that you buy every day. However, if you are relocating or thinking of throwing your old furniture, it is the right time to bring home Upholstered beds.
Add a Touch of Elegance to Your Room with Upholstered Bed
Apart from being the furniture that provides you comfort, beds are also an important aspect of your room decor. Occupying a large portion of your room, the appearance of your bed leaves a heavy impact on the overall look of your room. Nothing compares to wooden beds when it comes to adding elegance and character to your bedroom. Wooden furniture conveys a sense of royalty and a bewildering statement. Wood has a unique texture which adds to its charisma. However, there are many other benefits that you need to check out before opting for the most important furniture in your home. Wooden beds come in different styles varying from antique to traditional, sophisticated and contemporary. The biggest benefit of wooden beds is down to the colour and finish of the woods. Do not forget to utilize your space wisely. Invest in upholstered beds. You get to choose different woods. Often a pine frame construction shows off timber grains. A solid colour can also be applied to a completely different appearance as modern white upholstered bed or black one. However, cream or grey coloured ones are the ideal ones for your little ones’ room. Choose wood bed to finish for a richer appearance with cherry, oak, walnuts for deep oscillating grain which can be matched with your bedroom furniture. The wood that you choose for your bed also accounts for its durability and robustness.
Different Types of Upholstered Beds
The upholstered beds can be classified into different categories according to the bedhead mechanism. Read on to find out.
- Freestanding: A freestanding bedhead is sold separately from the frame of the bed. It can be easily attached to the bed. Some will even rest between the wall and the headboard. It is very convenient to move.
- Fixed: A fixed headboard is mounted directly with the bed or the wall. It gives your headboard a floating look. Sometimes the upholstery is mounted directly to the wall and the wooden modelling in framed afterward. However, it has a number of inconveniences. These types of headboards are difficult to move or change. It might even cause damage to the wall if it is not mounted property.
- Straight: Rectangular in shape with a little embellishment, a straight upholstered headboard can be a great way to show-off unique prints and keep your bedroom look clean and decorated.
- Wood-Framed: In wood-framed headboards, fabrics do not cover the entire headboard. Instead, it is framed with wood.
- Wingback: Just like other wingback furniture, a wingback headboard has a side wing that follows the frame and a high back. Historically, king upholstered headboard was meant to protect the body from cold and trap heats. Nowadays, upholstered headboard queen is mainly used to serve a decorative purpose. It can be a good option if you live in cold climates.
They Are Available In a Variety of Sizes
Now that you have a clear idea about upholstered beds, it is time to pay attention to the size. Living alone doesn’t necessarily mean you have to buy a single bed. While picking up furniture, you need to keep in mind the traffic in your room so that strolling around does not become difficult and you don't keep on stumbling upon things. You can opt for upholstered king bed or queen bed if you are looking for more space and more comfort. When it comes to sharing the bed, you need mutual consent. If your partner eats up a lot of space in the bed, it is time to go for a king size. Although, having a small bedroom may cause a problem. This is where upholstered storage fitting is a life saver. You can keep your extra cushions and bed sheets inside the bed. Organising other furnishing trickily can make your room look spacious too. A gorgeous upholstered sleigh bedcan overshadow the drawbacks.
Time for Some Maintenance
Wood is a natural product. Wooden beds require minimum maintenance and upkeep, and it is very easy to clean. A protective finish or lacquer is always there to make sure the timber is sealed. It will prevent the wood from knocks and scratches as well as easily repairable from accidental damages. Another benefit of wooden beds, they have a long lifespan. All they need is a bit of sanding, staining, and optional painting. This ensures their longevity. Once the wood is treated and made moisture and termite resistant, its longevity is increased. You can refurbish the wood from time to time to keep up with your taste.
Get Your Best Buy
It’s time to think about money. Price of beds depends on the materials, the quality of the wood and designs carved on it. If you wish to buy an upholstered bedroom setFurnspace is here to offer you the best in class beds at a surprisingly reasonable price. Upholstered beds onlineavailable at Furnspace is earning quite a name for its top-notch products made my experienced craftsperson with years of expertise. Free delivery within stipulated time, no extra installation charges with cash on delivery option everything that you’ll ever wish for is just a click away.
Furnspace offers you a wide range of wooden upholstered beds. These beds are proficiently carved and designed and are outcomes of top notch and skilled craftsmanship. Swipe through the wide range of products made available and choose your best pick.